28 Apr Chemistry PR is Now Hiring a Senior Publicist
Chemistry PR, named one of the Best PR Agencies in America by Forbes, is in search of a talented Senior Publicist to join our award-winning team.
The ideal candidate will be creative, collaborative, connected, and interested in representing premier lifestyle, real estate and consumer product brands in Southern California and beyond. The position is remote or hybrid remote.
The Senior Publicist is seasoned in media relations, client relations, influencer relations, and plays a lead role in delivering major media hits, features, and profile stories for clients, as well as helps to manage the team and lead client-facing interactions. The candidate should have solid social media skills, strong influencer contacts, and robust media relationships in both regional and national markets and is always brainstorming creative strategies that generate likes and follows and pitch angles that grab the headlines. It is essential that in this role the ideal candidate will take proactive ownership of accounts, overseeing the strategy for media relations focused tasks, assessing accounts overall to develop strategies and tactics, and supporting the agency president and team members at all levels.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Account + Client Management
- Day to day client management and relationship building
- Lead client calls and meetings
- Direct accounts with oversight of agency president
- Assist with strategy, planning, implementation and evaluation of PR activities
- Creative brainstorming and program and pitch development for local and national outlets
Media + Influencer Relations
- Have a database of go-to media contacts to pitch and secure top tier national press and features across industries
- Proactive media and influencer relations including pitching, organizing media/influencer visits, and reviewing & approving media lists and influencer partnerships
- Regularly consumes newspapers, magazines, network and cable news shows, blogs, and digital outlets to find new angles, new editors and new contributors to establish new relationships
- Knows how to tell stories through social media and is willing to jump in and craft social media content or brainstorm campaign ideas for various clients as needed
- Develops and manages influencer strategies and partnerships
- Organizes pitch priorities; assigns and oversees progress of pitches to team members with support of account leadership
- Secures and coordinates media and influencers for press visits, restaurant experiences, and special event
- Oversees the workflow of junior team members
- Works with the agency president to develop client plans, goals and KPIs
- Measures and tracks media hits, influencer partnerships, goals and KPIs
- College degree or comparable experience required
- At least 3-5 years of public relations experience in real estate, travel, hospitality, restaurant and/or consumer lifestyle arenas, either having worked in an agency or in-house position
- Must have strong media and influencer references
- Must have solid and proven relationships with local, regional and national media contacts
- Experience in the development of engaging social media campaigns and content
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe, Canva or other design-centric programs and an eye for design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a client-service focus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Problem solving mindset
- Strong knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong understanding of all existing and emerging social media platforms
- Strong understanding of influencer relations and engagement
- Polished and professional demeanor
- Exceptional work ethic
Compensation commensurate with experience. Company benefits include remote or hybrid remote work schedule, early Fridays, paid medical plus health/wellness stipend, paid parking, generous PTO and paid major holidays, professional development seminars/education, 401K and company match and profit-sharing programs, pop-up perks and a fun, creative environment with exceptional clients.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Chemistry PR strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
If this role sounds like a fit for you, please submit resume and salary requirements (required) to email@example.com. No phone calls please..