25 Feb Davanti Enoteca in Del Mar to Host “Tour of Italy” Wine Dinner on March 6
Davanti Enoteca in Del Mar will offer a five course Italy-themed wine pairing dinner on Thursday, March 6 between 7 and 9 p.m. The evening will provide guests the opportunity to taste a selection of Italian red and white varietals from an assortment of regions in Italy. Each wine will be paired with rustic fare from Davanti Enoteca Del Mar’s Chef de Cuisine Michael Nogera, while Johnathan Gragg, certified sommelier and representative for Estate Wines, will present and educate guests on the unique qualities of each wine.
“For this dinner, we wanted to do something that celebrates Davanti Enoteca’s Italian heritage,” said Kevin Haagenson, manager at Davanti Enoteca. “So, we coordinated a wine pairing dinner that would exclusively feature Italian wines. It’s a great fit, because the earthiness of these wines pairs well with the rustic cuisine on which we pride ourselves.”
The pairings featured at Davanti Enoteca Del Mar’s “Tour of Italy” wine dinner on March 6 will feature:
• Skuna Bay Salmon Crudo with green apple, almond, lemon thyme and Arbasania oil (2012 Gini Soave Classico, Veneto, Italy)
• Pan Seared Sturgeon with sage butter, romanesco, sorrel and white wine (2012 Manincor Reserve della Contessa Alto Adige Terlano, Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy and 2013 Manincor)
• Braised Rabbit with roasted carrot puree, grape mustarda and long peppercorn (2012 Sottimano Bric del Salto Dolcetto d’Alba, Piedmont, Italy)
• Smoked Pork Loin with toasted faro risotto, pecan and rosemary jus (2011 Manincor ‘Reserve del Conte’ Lagrein – Merlot – Cabernet Vigneti delle Dolomiti IGT, Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy)
• Olive Oil Cake with market berries, honey and candied walnuts (2012 La Morandina Moscato d’Asti DOCG, Piedmont, Italy)
Davanti Enoteca Del Mar’s Italian wine dinner is priced at $70 per person. Guests can reserve their space by calling Davanti Enoteca Del Mar directly at (858) 519-5060.
About Davanti Enoteca
Davanti Enoteca is open daily for lunch, dinner and happy hour and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Davanti’s style is inspired by small Italian villages and its menu is meant to be explored and shared, offering guests an opportunity to try a variety of distinct dishes. Davanti Enoteca Del Mar is located at 12955 El Camino Real (Del Mar Highlands Town Center) and the telephone number is (858) 519-5060. Connect with Davanti Enoteca on Facebook and Instagram and at www.davantidelmar.com.