14 Feb Mille Fleurs’ Bertrand to Lead “Taste of Terroirs” Wine Dinner Series
Mille Fleurs in Rancho Santa Fe, recently named one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the Nation by OpenTable, has announced a travel-inspired wine dinner series, Taste of Terroirs, scheduled for the last Tuesday of every month. Each Taste of Terroirs dinner will highlight a wine region and its cuisine with a multi-course dinner paired with local wines.
The inaugural dinner will take place Tuesday, February 25 at 6:30 p.m. and will feature recipes from the Corbieres/Languedoc area in the Southwest of France and wines from that region. Served in the Fountain Room overlooking Mille Fleurs’ courtyard, the event will be limited to thirty guests and will include an educational presentation of the selected wines by longtime maitre d’ Marco Dedic and owner Bertrand.
This event is priced at $100 per guest (inclusive), and will comprise the following courses and pairings:
• Canapés of: a duck carpaccio, walnut oil, a rabbit terrine, pink peppercorns, and a Roquefort and prune creampuff (paired with Picpoul du Languedoc and Corbieres Blanc)
• Amuse bouche: “Mousse de Truite et Ortie,” trout mousse and nettle with black truffle butter
• Next, “Moules Grillées,” black mussel gratin, artichoke Salad, verjus and olives (paired with Ollieux-Romains Corbieres Blanc)
• Then, “Daube Albigeoise” braised beef in red wine, thyme, garlic and steamed potatoes (paired with Faugeres Rouge from Languedoc)
• And to finish, “Crème de Homère,” a flan with honey, white wine, cinnamon and lemon zest (paired with Banyuls Catalan)
Seating is extremely limited. Reserve a seat by calling (858) 756-3085. For further information, visit Mille Fleurs’ Taste of Terroirs webpage at www.millefleurs.com/mfmenu/mille-fleurs-taste-terroirs.
Mille Fleurs is located at 6009 Paseo Delicias, Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. Visit www.millefleurs.com or connect with Mille Fleurs on Facebook and Twitter.